KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide material planning and supply chain project management support to a wide variety of new product development programs
- Coordinate with Engineering Program management on the timely fulfillment of all project related raw materials and sub-assembly requirements.
- Assist Engineering Project management in the development and maintenance of new product cost models.
- Execute all MRP actions and exception signals stemming from the approved NPI build plan.
- Work with production floor staff to ensure that all resources are properly allocated and assigned to support prototype jobs.
- Process appropriate documentation and coordinate material movement from stock locations to productions centers, or in response to specific requests from the R&D team.
- Conduct routine analysis and maintenance of ERP and planning system data attributes.
- Coordinate with Finisar's International Purchasing Office on the management of domestic and off shore suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the timely fulfillment of orders for raw material and sub-assemblies.
- Closely coordinate with Finisar's global network of production facilities on the transfer of new products and updates to established products.
- Regularly evaluate and optimize program related inventory with an emphasis on avoiding or minimizing excess and obsolete material levels.
- Participate in and contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives at the department and division level as well as cross functionally.
- Assist management in the development and maintenance of key team performance and productivity metrics.
- Provide key statistical and performance input as well recommendations for future objectives to management for use in Quarterly Business Review presentations.
- Partner with the Demand Planning Team to facilitate thorough cross functional collaboration on NPI project status, key project deliverables and timely and accurate disposition of Excess and Obsolescence material.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
5 Years related experience in Production Planning
BS Degree in Business
5 Years experience in Major ERP System Oracle or SAP
Strong Microsoft Office Skills - Excel