IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
IDEA administrative assistants provide clerical support to the principal(s), so that the principal can maximize his/her time due to reliable, efficient administrative support. By prioritized scheduling, streamlined communication, and thorough logistical preparation for events, the administrative assistant enables the principal(s) to maximize their impact in helping make college for all children a reality.
- Manage principal’s correspondence, including answering incoming phone calls, emails, and letters
- Plan, prepare, and update principal’s calendar
- Schedule events and plan logistics for meetings
- Reconcile credit cards and prepare monthly expense reports
- Other duties as they arise
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: High school diploma required, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: 2+ years’ experience working in an administrative support position
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Experience working in an administrative support position
- Ability to think proactively and work with minimal direction
- Ability to pleasantly communicate with all levels of staff and the public
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $12.00 and $16.00 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.