Position Purpose & Summary
- Are you interested in being part of a team that is innovating and transforming the Animal Nutrition Industry?
- Are you a person that is interested in working on critical applications and technologies that directly transforms how we feed animals today?
- Do you enjoy working in the latest technologies in a fast paced, agile environment?
Format Solutions is optimizing animal nutrition through a connected digital solution. Driven by Cargill's mission to nourish the world, Format Solutions operates as a separate and distinct business and leverages its organizational knowledge and expertise in animal nutrition as well as mill and farm operations to help their customers grow their business. Format Solutions operates a state-of-the-art platform of digital capabilities and solutions for its 12,000 users in nearly 100 countries worldwide. Format Solutions has more than 100 employees in Minneapolis, Minn.; Farnborough UK; and a number of other office locations around the world.
Why should you join the Format Solutions Technology team?
We are a small, tight-knit company that is helping define the future of commercial software for a major corporation like Cargill, Incorporated. Animal Nutrition is a multi-million dollar business, and offering customers connected, digital solutions is still an emerging market.
We offer the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and perfect your craft.
Our #1 mission is to ship quality software products. We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from our customers around the globe, and incorporate that feedback into future release of our products.
We develop commercial software products in small agile teams.
- Continual delivery of value to our customers
- Collaborate with other principal engineers and other technical resources to share ideas and discuss solutions
- Work with the engineering team to contain technical sprawl and limit bad technical debt
- Partner with Product Owners/Managers
- Support and champion organizational software guiding principles
- Secure code
- Continuous delivery
- Support and champion organizational business objectives/values
- Support and champion organizational cultural objectives/values
- Reports on progress and raises up concerns and roadblocks
- Owns removal of impediments encountered by team
- Responsible for team meeting their commitments (deadlines, product quality, ...)
- Hands-on – a portion of time should be spent in the codebase helping produce value.
- Coding, testing, process improvement, technical debt, etc.
- Ability to think on the fly and guide the team to make solid decisions which support the objectives and values of the organization, product team, and customers.
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Be highly technical and lead the technical roadmap for a team, but also communicate well with a less-technical audience
- Strives for continuous improvement of themselves, their team, and their product
- Demonstrates the correct level of effort and attention which is needed to move the needle.
- Doesn't over-engineer or try to get too far ahead.
- Understands software development is a service and that customer satisfaction is key above technical purity
- Leads by example
- Does not dictate solutions but works with the team to have a clear focus and aligns the team on the right focus areas
- Thrives on learning and mentoring others
- Strong motivator and influencer of a team
- Takes pride and ownership in personal as well as team's work
- Self-motivated and willing to dive deep into unfamiliar and existing code base.
- Treats software development as a craft and demonstrates the ability to perfect their craft over time. (craftsmanship)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar discipline), or 4 years of related experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in designing and building commercial applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with a variety of technologies, including .NET. (C#, .NET core, React, SQL, etc. preferred)
- Previous experience in technical leadership capacities
- Must have worked on both desktop and web applications