Zippy's Makiki - Restaurant Host
We are looking for our next great Host for our Zippy’s restaurant location in Makiki! Host/Hostess maintains health and safety practices by managing the flow of the restaurant and seating our guests with ALOHA. They are responsible for reporting to store management and making sure all guests are well taken care of. The Host is in charge of greeting, seating, and coordinating the activities of the dining room. This position works to ensure a smooth flow of service to the restaurant patrons and assists servers when necessary.
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- Free Employee Meals
- 20% Employee Discounts at Zippy's Restaurants
- Medical, Vision & Dental Plans
- Company Matched 401 (k)
- Incentive & Rewards Programs
- Employee Assistance & Wellness Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
The Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Greets and escorts guests to their table in an efficient and courteous fashion.Orchestrates the activities of the dining room through the use of floor plans, rotation charts and proper assignment of servers.
- Is knowledgeable of menu items and details of ongoing promotions. Is able to respond to guest inquiries in a purposeful manner.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work and guest area through constant cleaning, organizing, and replenishing of necessary items.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 12 months of the date of hire OR Dated/Issued at the age of 16 or older
- Pass a background check & drug screening test
- Meet assigned shift requirements
- Regularly push, pull, and carry objects; Stand and walk for at least 6-8 hours
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Reach shoulder level and below waist constantly, and above the head occasionally
- Good understanding and comprehension of the English language.
- Basic Math and writing skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Previous cash handling preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a host or server preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred