Change the Game
LiveAction is changing the game on how people use and visualize their network. Gone are the days of static charts and tables. We have built a suite of tools to not only visualize your network but give awareness and control like no other. We solve many challenging problems including big analytics, working with millions of data points, while ensuring our tools are meaningful to the customer. LiveAction continues to receive rave reviews from our customers and we aim to increase its use all over the world. As we look to the future, we plan to analyze billions of data points over a distributed network and control and visualize thousands of devices while providing an awesome user experience.
If you have a passion for technology, are driven, creative, and like to have fun, come join LiveAction on growing the next generation of award winning networking tools. Our staff enjoys great benefits and a healthy, high-quality work environment that encourages innovation.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Software Engineer (Web Application)
LiveAction is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help take LiveAction to the next level. This position will be responsible for playing an active role in the analysis of requirements, design, and programming of our software solutions. Our Software Engineers apply and uphold industry standard methodologies of systems design and architecture. This position performs analysis and identifies solutions to complex technical problems. We are looking for multiple levels based on experience and qualifications.
- Develop and test software solutions to required specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of programming data-structures, databases and algorithm implementations.
- Adheres to all development standards while implementing features.
- Prepares code review documentation and participates in code reviews
- Displays professionalism in all activities.
- Maintains project standards and practices
- Works effectively as a team member; works with others to maximize team and overall company.
- Communicates appropriately to team members and supervisors.
- Continually grows technical skills and understanding of engineering and project requirements.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- 2 Years of Experience
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming
- Solid understanding of object oriented design
- Ability to effectively communicate and document design decisions
- Strongly self-motivated
- Willing to take ownership of a feature and see it to completion
- Experience in agile development process such as scrum a plus.
- Team player with good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to implement, monitor and maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of AngularJS 1.5 as well as Angular 2.0+
- Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3; Familiarity with pre-processors like LESS and SASS preferred.
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- Experience with Chrome Developer Tools
- Experience with build tools, npm and WebPack
- Experience generating pixel perfect pages from Hi-Fi mockups
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful web services
- Experience with data visualization libraries (Highcharts, Keylines, etc.)
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with state management tools (Akita)
- Experience with versioning tools such as git