Are you an experienced and motivated team leader who is looking for a rewarding career in veterinary medicine? We are seeking a dynamic Practice Manager to join our hospital team at English Plaza Animal Hospital in Homestead, FL!
About the Position:
In partnership with the Managing Veterinarian, the Practice Manager plays an integral role in leading the hospital team and providing excellent customer service to our patients. The practice manager is responsible for day-to-day hospital operations and serves as a liaison between the hospital team and our corporate support functions, including: marketing, payroll, IT, recruiting, finance, etc. This is a full-time position reporting to the Regional Director of Operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· People Management: recruiting, developing, disciplining, and terminating paraprofessional staff, including annual performance reviews
· Financial Management: overseeing the hospital’s P&L, including accounts payable/accounts receivable, payroll, and inventory
· Customer Service: resolving client issues and escalations and overseeing follow-up communications
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role
· Veterinary practice management experience preferred, although we will also consider strong candidates from other service industries (i.e. human healthcare, retail, restaurant, hospitality).
· A positive, can-do attitude; strong people skills/emotional intelligence; willingness to roll up your sleeves and chip in to help the team
· Benefits include (but are not limited to): health, dental, & vision insurance; paid time off; paid professional dues & licenses; veterinary care discounts; performance bonuses
· Opportunity for career advancement and collaboration within the American Veterinary Group of hospitals