Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
LSSI has full-time and part-time opportunities for individuals who have a passion for helping people. We have a variety of FT and PT shifts available. Join a team of life changers! Our Certified Developmental Disabilities Aide position assists adult residents with developmental disabilities and provide care in all areas of activities of daily living (ADLs) in a residential home setting.
If you have the commitment, skills and desire to brighten the lives of individuals in need, we welcome your application!
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist clients with activities of daily living;
- Drive and escort residents as required per protocol;
- Safely complete client transfers per facility protocol;
- Perform various assigned housekeeping tasks;
- Implement client individual rehabilitation
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance
- Ability to meet extensive physical requirements of the position
- Routine attendance at ongoing training throughout the year; and completion of in-house certification.
- Ability to interact with residents, residents' families, and employees in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, comprehensible manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences within the diverse client base served by the organization, as well as within the organization.
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure
- Opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 10 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.