About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead our production team in our Holyoke facility. As Operations Manager, you’ll coordinate with on the ground leadership to direct all the daily processes and long-term targets of our production facility in Holyoke. You’ll grind away at the details of managing internal resources to maximize safety, compliance, efficiency, productivity and culture. You’ll also blaze the path toward creating and developing the multilevel professional team in MA, and you’ll work closely with the management team to keep every detail of the facility up to snuff. You will be the one to ensure product quality standards are maintained, complete and accurate orders are processed and delivered, and inventory integrity is maintained. The operational duties are mostly hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all production employees. A strong leader knows that success is always a joint effort, and the Operations Manager will also excel at working with the Sales Leadership in Nevada, and leadership from GTI Headquarters to help make sure GTI is smoking the competition at every level!
- Oversee all facets of GTI’s production facility, and ensure they are working smoothly in tandem. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling, staffing, productivity efficiency, continuous Improvement, problem solving, inventory oversight and management
- Analyze facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Work directly with business teams to understand performance drivers and trends in their area, provide insights, make recommendations, and interpret new data & results
- Develop and produce weekly/monthly reports based on data analysis gathered from facility operations to corporate management clearly illustrating the trends of the business
- Utilize six sigma, 5S, TPM, TQM and other efficiency concepts to position the facility for continuous improvement
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI’s mission, vision, goals and objectives
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of staff and function
- Make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees
- Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth
- Evaluate direct reports’ performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Ensure accurate data entry into the State inventory tracking systems
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the state regulators and inspectors and ensure that the facility is always prepared for state inspections, even those that are unplanned.
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/or human resources requirements
- Abide by and enforce GTI’s Safety Program
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or related field required
- 5+ years of management experience in manufacturing environment; direct management of 30+ individuals in a manufacturing setting required
- Consumer Packaged Good experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, certifications a plus
- Exposure to horticulture and/or plant science and/or lab processing, a plus
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.