Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
First Service Residential is looking for a full time Staff Accountant for our office in Hollywood, FL.
As Staff Accountant you will perform functions to prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements for assigned properties and associations, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver Financial Statement packages for an assigned portfolio of Condominium and/or Homeowners Associations following the quality standards as instructed by Management. Verify correctness of information prior to submission.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules. Analyze the Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledger. Review periodic reports of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and correct errors prior to close of accounting period.
- Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded. Identify, investigate, resolve and/or report on discrepancies.
- Research, analyze, identify and explain any variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet.
- Prepare the Financial Statement package and submit for review to the assigned Team Leader.
- Prepare additional financial reports requested by the Client to be included in the Financial Package or provided to the Community Association Manager and/or BOD.
- Assist independent CPA audit firm in their audit and review of associations on a year-end, turnover, and/or periodic audit/review.
- Analyze and posts end-of-year audit adjusting entries.
- Prepare annual excel budget worksheets as needed for clients.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Property Management by answering questions regarding monthly Financial Statements and other related matters.
- May provide guidance, direction and input to lower level Accountants.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, and minimum three (3) years general ledger accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.