JR Automation is looking for a Fluid Power (Plumbing) Technician to join our team in Holland, MI. As a member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Assembly of the equipment according to approved design and customer specifications.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Carry out assigned tasks with minimum direct supervision.
- Assist with the execution of ISOQuality Standards.
- Communicate with the project team on open issues and progress during the build process.
- Assist with the successful execution of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area.
- Effectively and safely:
- Trouble shoot pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Install piping and hoses.
- Read blueprints, identify fittings, and have basic symbol knowledge.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- 4 years’ fluid power experience preferred.
- Related vocational education preferred.
- Journeyman’s card preferred.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Basic computer skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of: Schematic interpretation, Pipe Threading, Fitting Identification & Symbols
- Proven mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20% of time. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and tool box suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!