FFA - Paint/Body Worker I (Holden, LA, US, 70744)
Requisition ID: 15783
Ferrara/KME are premiere manufacturers of fire trucks and emergency response vehicles offering a full line of pumpers, aerials, industrial, wildland, and rescue apparatus. Working hands-on with both municipal and industrial fire departments, the Ferrara/KME team thrives on diagnosing departments' current apparatus limitations and response needs to custom design the perfect fire apparatus solution that will stand the test of time.
Ferrara/KME is part of the larger REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer of specialty vehicles for the fire & emergency, commercial, and recreation markets. REV Group’s extensive vehicle line-up includes models such as ambulances, fire trucks, school buses, terminal trucks, RV’s, luxury buses, and much more. Our 6,500+ employees continuously demonstrate their commitment to building innovative and reliable vehicles that our customers can depend on whether for a family trip across the U.S. or when responding to an emergency. Rev Group is a veteran-friendly employer and hires over 200 veterans and or those transferring out of the military each year.
What a day in the life of a Paint/Body at REV looks like:
- Responsible for prepping, sanding, buffing painted vehicles
- Tape and mask off nonpainted surfaces or parts around areas to be painted
- Seal body seams with epoxy seam sealer and smooth properly for final paint
- Grind, and fill with properly mixed body filler and sand to finish, all welds, dents, and gouges in exterior panels.
- Sand and shape body filler around transitions or body lines
- Spray primer on all areas where body filler was applied
- Wipe down all areas to be painted with grease and wax remover
- Sand down painted surfaces to remove orange peel texture
- Operate a buffer and understand the steps required to buff paint to a proper finish
- Will may be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection
- Must keep the work area safe and clean to 6S standards
Required education, skills, and experiences to be successful:
- Preferred 1-year experience in automotive paint prep and body repair
- Preferred high school diploma or GED
- Ability to run dual action sanders, grinders, and miscellaneous hand tools
- Must have full knowledge of quality requirements to produce acceptable finish paint
- Ability to communicate professionally and follow directions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn how to mix primers and other paint products
- Ability to perform tasks within time standards and maintain quality standards
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards
Physical demands on this role:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, and climbing up and down ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to regularly lift and move 40 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to work with arms above head
- Ability to work from ladders or scaffolding
- Ability to operate and understand the operation of all protective safety equipment in the area.
- Ability to wear a dust mask and/or respirator
- Ability to work in non-temperature-controlled environments
- Ability to work in 95 plus degrees temperatures for ten hours a day
- Ability to stand at a workstation for ten hours a day (Minus specific breaks)
What makes REV unique:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits start on day one
- Military-friendly employer
- Education Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
- Opportunities to relocate to other REV locations
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunities for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the “CCPA“), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.