Looking for a place where “Doing the Most Good“ is a mission! The Salvation Army has a Museum Archives Aide position, working part-time at 19 hours per week, available for the ideal candidate.
Please note: no benefits are provided for this part-time position.
This position is located in the northwest suburb of Hoffman Estates, Illinois near the Sears Centre.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled.
The Museum Archives Aide will be responsible for:
- Responsible for addressing research requests which includes: accessing museum email account, identifying appropriate resources, digitizing source material, and distributing all appropriate material to researcher.
- Responsible for cataloguing, digitization, storage and re-housing of all archival and photographic materials.
- Assist with work on exhibits which includes: research, identifying archival and photographic resources appropriate for exhibit, exhibit case cleaning, archival and photographic material preparation, label proofreading, exhibits development and delivery and other exhibit related tasks.
- Assist with department programs along with on-site and off-site museum programs as assigned. This includes program research, material assembly and cleanup in addition to staffing program.
- Collaborate with Registrar in developing and executing collections projects, assist with three-dimensional collections projects as needed.
- Give building and museum tours to internal and external audiences as needed.
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.
Starting salary for this part-time position is $17.22/hour.
Bachelor's Degree in History, Archives, Museum Studies, Public History or similar required.
One-year experience working in a museum collections/exhibitions or library archives environment preferred.
- Lifting, pulling and pushing of materials up to 40 pounds.
- Requires bending, squatting and walking
- May stand for extended periods
- Some exposure to dust and mild chemicals
One weekend per year (early June)