How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Care Partner is a support care provider who functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The Care Partner primary focus will be to promote a positive patient experience by partnering with the nurse, physician, healthcare team and other healthcare providers to provide excellence in patient experience; and assist with daily living activities and comfort measures. The Care Partner assists other health care providers with safe, age appropriate and culturally aware care by performing basic patient care functions; i.e. ADL’s, ambulation, and vital signs.
The Care Partner may require approved advanced technical training skills may be required i.e. phlebotomy, simple treatments, dressing changes, oral suctioning, and discontinuing Foley catheters. Performing additional advanced skills may be required to support clinical care and will fluctuate depending on the needs of the unit. Performing clerical functions such as: retrieval of data, maintaining unit supplies, and transporting supplies/patient medications will be required. The Care Partner must be able to work in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking and effective communication with the Registered Nurse and ancillary team. Must be able to perform under stressful conditions with a compassionate, respectful and service mindset. Must be able to take direction from a variety of care providers. Must be organized with excellent communication skills.
Required Minimum Education
- Rising High School Senior (completion of junior year) or senior classification in with satisfactory standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma/Development (GED). Graduation from a State approved program for Certified Nursing Assistants or Patient Care Tech Program preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) is required by the first day of employment.
- Ability to follow detailed directions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Clear verbal and written communication, specifically ability to document.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.