Quality Systems Representative (Hilmar, CA, US)
At Hilmar Cheese Company we improve lives around the world through wholesome dairy products. Since our founding in 1984, Hilmar Cheese Company has been committed to innovation and sustainability. Our state-of-the art production facilities convert an abundance of locally sourced high-quality milk into a variety of nutritious cheeses, whey protein and lactose. The Cheese and Ingredients that we produce create a wide variety of retail and food service products from sliced and shredded cheeses, to protein supplements and infant formula. We are a trusted partner to premier food and beverage brands in for than fifty countries helping bring their vision into reality.
Throughout our decades of success and growth we have remained committed to our mission and values and these principles unite our people and guide all that we do.
A Typical Day
The Quality Systems Representative is responsible for maintaining and improving the corporate quality management systems while conforming to FSMA and GFSI requirements.
- Conduct system internal audits against defined standards and company policy, and ensures the timely execution and completion of subsequent corrective actions without delay. Work closely with Operations, Sales and Logistics, and Internal and External Laboratories to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct plant audits against SQF and GMP standards.
- Execute master data changes in SAP for incoming and finished goods including inspection plans and release specifications.
- Facilitates and performs customer specification review/comparison with cross functional teams to assist in coordination of specification process changes.
- Provide technical training to corporate and site quality team members regarding Ultimus, SharePoint, Audit Management System, Mfiles, SAP QM, etc.
- Support the implementation and improvement of quality system programs.
- Corporate document control and SharePoint administrator.
- Support customer care group as needed with customer portals and questionnaires.
- Conduct corporate verification of the change management process.
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma and 2 years related experience, OR Associate's degree in related field plus 1 years related experience, OR Bachelor's degree
- 1 year SAP Master Data Management experience
- HACCP/Food Safety Systems or QA or Quality systems or GMP or labs experience
Proficient with Microsoft Office Software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Food Science or Food Technology
- HACCP, Lead Auditor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- Sit, Stand and / or walk almost the entire workday.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, or other irritating substances.
- Exposure to solvents or chemicals.
- Exposure to slippery walking surfaces: water.
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity depending on time of year.
Food safety is a companywide responsibility and each employee must know their role in the manufacture and distribution of safe, wholesome, and high quality products.
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned
Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO. We participate in E-Verify.
English Information | Spanish Information