QUALITY ASSURANCE AND REGULATORY MANAGER-Hillside, NJ
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance and Regulatory Manager (QARM) for our Foodservice Manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ manufacturing facility. The Quality Assurance/Regulatory Manager (QARM) oversees the daily tasks and staff of the QA Lab and analytical support group to assure product conformance to specification, food safety, audits, Good Manufacturing Practices and all Regulatory matters. The QA department provides data to operations, sales, and product development. The QARM coordinates the analytical activities around production and raw material support providing direction to rectify product issues to all relevant departments. The QARM provides feedback regarding the strategic direction, resource requirements and functional status of the laboratory and Regulatory matters. The position is also responsible for representing quality on the AAK Foodservice senior leadership team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
Accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act
- Ensures Laboratory staff provides accurate and timely results for produced materials, in-process materials, and raw materials.
- Ensures adequate scheduling of staff, and justifies additional resource requirements.
- Maintains all Laboratory instrumentation and equipment calibration, scheduling equipment repairs and PM as necessary.
- Ensures Plant & Laboratory conformance to company safety and regulatory requirements. Includes GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs. Approves, maintains and updates technical documents and brochures (i.e. COA, SOPs, batch cards, specification sheets) with assistance from team.
- Troubleshoots quality issues; creates troubleshooting guides; documents SOP changes.
- Supports Planning and Production departments in processing procedures, recommendations, and utilization of oil and products.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to out-of-spec products.
- Helps customers as required with technical questions, problems, and oil identification.
- Reports Quality KPI, incidents and trends. Includes monthly self-audit, root cause analysis, cause maps, and implement corrective actions.
- Supports Customer Innovation with ideas, analysis, and data.
- Supports Sales by answering questions, matching competitor samples, suggesting products.
- Manages and reviews sample/ service requests and schedule appropriate staff resources.
- Compiles and distribute reporting for incoming ship raw materials
- Manages pest control activities for the site.
- Analyzes raw material data to help Inventory department make improvements to material storage, handling, and movement.
- Maintains Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Works with plant personnel along with regulatory and customer organizations to ensure all quality audits and assessment requirements are in place. This includes 3rd Party audits (such as BRC), customer audits and regulatory inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or other physical science
- 5+ years laboratory experience, preferably in a food, drug or chemical laboratory.
- Must be familiar with RTE (Ready To Eat) food requirements.
- Computer literacy is a must. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
- Laboratory Information Management System experience is a plus.
- Travel is occasional.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required. Bilingual (Spanish/English)
AAK Foodservice. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.