Ensures the delivery of quality nursing care for critically ill patients in accordance with age-related and individual needs, physician's orders, hospital policy, standards of care and nursing practice. Responsible for assessing the needs of patients, planning nursing care to meet those needs, and ensuring that the plan of care is carried out and documented according to the principles defined in the nursing process. Participates in the development of critical care unit goals.
- License: Current licensure as registered nurse by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Education: Bachelors or Masters of Science in Nursing required. Current RN employees as of 1/27/2020 will be grandfathered back to the previous education requirement at their time of original hire. A copy of your highest academic diploma or transcript required upon hire.
- Certification: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required upon hire. ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- One year Critical Care experience or completion of Critical Care Course. 12 lead EKG interpretation required.
- Demonstrates skill in the nursing care of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Experience with hemodynamic monitoring, Critical Care drips, EKG interpretation, vent management, and IV start skills. Intra-aortic balloon pump preferred.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of critical assessment skills.
- Utilizes a problem solving process to make decisions related to patient care and unit activity.
- Uses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Practices effective interpersonal skills.
- Functions well as part of a team.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
At OHSU Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Health partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU Health, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU Health brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon's only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country's top specialists and pass that expertise on to our patients where they can be cared for in their community.
OHSU Tuality's many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area's premier healthcare providers, including our 7th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, and our 7th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association.
Additional Posting Information
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.