Performs a variety of environmental services tasks to keep the hospital and offices in a clean and sanitary condition. Assists in other projects such as moving furniture, carpet repair and other maintenance tasks as requested.
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred.
- Able to deal with multiple demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English with patients, internal customers (nurses, techs, and medical staff) and EVS Lead. Must be able to understand both verbal and written instruction in English to assist and communicate with our patients, respond to emergency pages overhead, and to understand labeling of chemicals for the purpose of cleaning, safety, etc.
- Experience in a healthcare housekeeping department is desirable.
- Personal appearance makes a good first impression.
- Candidates must demonstrate and provide excellent communication and customer service skills as well as enjoy interacting with the public.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Works in a well lighted/ventilated environment. Is subject to frequent interruptions and to environmental noise. Must follow safety standards in working with procedures utilizing chemicals, body fluids, body mechanics and infectious waste.
At OHSU Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Health partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU Health, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU Health brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon's only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country's top specialists and pass that expertise on to our patients where they can be cared for in their community.
OHSU Tuality's many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area's premier healthcare providers, including our 7th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, and our 7th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association.
Additional Posting Information
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.