As a Pharmacy Technician, you are a vital part of our wellness store team that is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. In order to effectively work with the pharmacy team and be able to properly serve our patients, it is essential that you successfully complete the Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. The role of community pharmacies in the health care industry continues to evolve as does the role of the Pharmacy Technician. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Successfully complete the Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. This on-the-job program is designed and provided by Rite Aid Pharmacy. You are expected to successfully complete the program within 6 months of your date of hire or promotion into the Pharmacy Technician in Training position. Successful completion of the Program is defined as completing: all Computer Based Training (CBTs), Workbook exercises, on-the-job training exercises and obtaining a passing grade on the Final Competency Exam.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Pharmacy department.
- Assist in inventory and pharmacy management processes including: paperwork, order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
- Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
Where Permitted by Law:
- Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory, create prescription labels, adhere labels to prescription containers and place medication into prescription containers.
- Assist in the administration of Rite Aid programs including: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Customer Loyalty programs, etc.
- Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
Experience / Requirements
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
• Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
• Pharmacy Technician experience or education required.
• Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
• Willingness to enroll and complete the Rite Aid Technician Training Program within the specified period of time.
- The above information represents a summary of the functions and requirements of this position. Additional details are available on the full job description.