Manager - Quality
Contribute to program performance, verification of product/service/process conformance and customer satisfaction by providing technical expertise and leadership for executing Quality Management System (QMS)-related activities throughout the Air Force Strategic Program (AFSP) Organization
Job functions include: planning, documenting, implementing, and managing QMS activities/functions; applying statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools on process, product, services and program performance data; supporting source selection and monitoring of critical subcontractors and suppliers including the definition and allocation of quality requirements and product/service verifications; performing audits of processes and validation process for the inspection and acceptance of hardware, software, services and data deliverables; facilitating project risk and opportunities process, including identifying, documenting and executing mitigation/contingency plans; and initiating, facilitating, managing, and validating the effectiveness of root cause analysis, corrective, and preventative actions.
Quality Analyst is also responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and validation of the QMS to assure company and contractual quality requirements are satisfied. Verify compliance customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
Specific duties and responsibilities to include:
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Standards
• Provide quality management support to the AFSP Quality Council and appropriate Integrated Product Team (IPTs)
• Fulfill “Facilitator” role to the Quality Council, IPTs, etc.. as deemed necessary
• Maintain quality metrics and report on a regular basis to the leadership team
• Track quality-related problems and customer feedback data for trends in order to drive root cause analysis activities and implement process improvement projects.
• Use Lean Six Sigma / Continuous Process Improvement (LSS/CPI) tools/techniques and resulting data to generate predictive models of product/service/process quality issues.
• Monitor the performance of key suppliers to assure product and process compliance, utilizing site visits and process and audits as needed.
• Monitor and take necessary corrective actions to assure contractual and regulatory compliance.
• Lead continuous improvement projects to enhance processes and performance
• Enforce adherence to the Quality Management System through procedure compliance and internal audits.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Effectively utilize the issuance of Corrective Action Reports (CARs), Preventive Action Reports (PARs), Opportunity For Improvement (OFIs) and Subcontractor Corrective Action Reports (SCARSs) to drive quality improvements while providing regular scheduled reports on their progress and final resolution.
12 years Quality Management System (QMS) experience, or Bachelors Degree and 8+ years QMS experience. Must have 5+years as a Quality Analyst supporting Company's QMS
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Standards;
• Hands on experience in risk analysis is required;
• Working knowledge of root cause analysis, problem solving and statistical methods as applied to process and product quality.
• Reliability assessment experience and statistical analysis skills including a working knowledge of CPI/LSS tools and techniques
• Hands on knowledge in the effective use of Corrective and Preventative actions
• Hands on troubleshooting experience
• Technical problems solving
• Inspection and testing techniques
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
• Hands-on experience in risk analysis
• Experience in reading and interpreting specifications, standards, Statement of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs)
• Experience as an ISO 900 and AS 9001 auditor
• Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification
• Comfortable interfacing with customers