Quality Care Associate
“The Largest Independent Established Multi-Specialty Group in Central North Carolina is Seeking a Value Based Care Coordinator to join our Team”
VOTED “BUSINESS OF THE YEAR” 2018
VOTED ONE OF THE “FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES IN THE TRIAD” 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
Our mission at BMC is to provide excellent care through a Multi-Specialty approach from prevention to intervention of potentially life- threatening health problems.
Established Independent Multi-Specialty Practice Seeking a Value Based Care Coordinator to Join our Team!
Our mission at BMC is to provide excellent care through a multi-specialty approach from prevention to intervention of potentially life- threatening health problems. Seeking a Value Based Care Coordinator for our Triad locations that include Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, Kernersville, Mt Airy and North Wilkesboro, North Carolina. They will work out of our High Point office location and will report to the COO and work with the existing Value Based Care Team.
Quality Care Associates works with the medical leadership and value-based care team to improve provider performance on QC clinical quality metrics, hierarchal condition category (HCC) coding metrics, utilization and steerage efficiencies, and cost control metrics. This position uses data and reporting on clinical performance for direct-to-provider interventions and strategic improvement, focusing on user experience, education, EMR data and workflow enhancements, and implementation of enhanced QC knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Uses QC reporting on HEDIS/STARS quality, HCC/RAF coding, healthcare service cost and utilization, patient steerage patterns, etc. to design and implement innovative performance improvement strategies for practices and providers.
- Collaborates with medical leadership team to understand barriers to closing quality care gaps and effectively coding for services performed.
- Interprets information from multiple data sources (internal, ACO, and third-party payer) to create a comprehensive performance visualization.
- Applies knowledge of healthcare systems, operations, program design and implementation, technology, and innovation to maximize data impact.
EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE:
- Collaborative team-first attitude, transparently sharing ideas and data.
- Works well within a team atmosphere, flexible to pivot in approach
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills, including EMRs
- Uses strong attention to detail, advanced problem-solving, and complex reasoning to effectively produce change and demonstrate impact.
- Performs administrative duties as workload necessitates
- Possess a working knowledge of healthcare coding (ICD 10, CPT codes, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of provider workflows and practice performance
- Maintains company confidentiality in all areas
- Possess a strong knowledge of health care models, including ACOs
- Uses superior communication skills- Speaks effectively in all environments; listens, requests clarification, and responds well to feedback.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- 2+ years of experience in the health industry; care gap management and/or coding preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with medical professionals preferred; clinical experience, provider relations, value-based care, etc.
- Organized and self-motivated
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel spreadsheets, data entry, electronic medical record (EMR) / Practice Management (PM) systems, and analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work collaboratively with physicians, staff, and external organizations
- Strong phone skills, comfortable with patient engagement
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with continuous change and self-initiating
- Use conflict resolution skills when reaching consensus about plans of care and treatment decisions
- Experience with Value Based Care programs required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
· Certified Medical Assistant certificate preferred. RN’s also welcome to apply
BETHANY MEDICAL OFFERS A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
· Employee medical/dental/vision insurance. Family coverage available at discounted rate
· Employee Life Insurance
· Generous PTO
· Employee Short Term Disability
· 401-K with company matching
· Paid Company Holidays
About Bethany Medical:
Bethany Medical is the largest independent established multi-specialty group in Central North Carolina, serving the Triad and surrounding communities for over 35 years. Bethany Medical is open 7 days a week, with 12 convenient locations and 15practices in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, Kernersville, North Wilkesboro and Mt. Airy, North Carolina. We have grown to provide the facilities, staff and support to offer urgent care, primary care, diagnostic testing, outpatient ancillary and specialty care services onsite. Bethany Medical Center is staffed with board certified physicians and providers representing over 16 medical specialties. Practice staff members are known for treating each patient with prompt personalized care and attention. Bethany Medical employs over 60providers and over 520 employees. You are invited to learn more about our Bethany Medical at www.bethanymedicalcenter.com
About the Triad:
The Triad area includes Greensboro (3rd Largest City in NC), Winston Salem, High Point and surrounding area. The Triad is centrally located in NC with a population of 1.9 million. The Triad is 1 hour from the mountains and 3 hours from the beach. Charlotte and Raleigh are 1.5 hours from the Triad. The Triad offers all the amenities of a larger city without all the traffic. The Piedmont Triad International Airport is conveniently located in Greensboro with convenient non-stop flights to most major cities. Enjoy an outstanding quality of life with no shortage of arts, entertainment, recreation, shopping, and hundreds of restaurants. The Triad is home to 85 colleges and universities including Wake Forest University, High Point University, UNC-Greensboro, NC A&T, Guilford College, Bennett College and Greensboro College.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location