Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals..
- Acts as the secondary contact for compounding of potent active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Works safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries by observing moving equipment; adhering to all job safety procedures; attending plant safety training; shift safety meetings; adhering to lockout/tag out procedures; wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as captive clothing, steel-toe shoes, respirators, and additional gowning if necessary.
- Identification / implementation of key process improvement opportunities
- At batch initiation and during batch processing performs the following: check lot numbers; check weights; check raw material lot numbers; check part numbers; ensure expiration dates are within acceptable range by comparing the various print outs and labels with the batch production record (BPR).
- Follows procedures detailed in the BPR without deviation.
- Reads and adhere to workplace policies, procedures, and guidelines including standard operational procedures (SOPs), batch processing records (BPRs), current good manufacturing procedures (cGMPs), material safety data sheet (MSDS), various departmental documents, employee handbook, and company bulletins.
- Ensures all documentation in official records are accurate, clearly written, and errors are corrected in accordance with the SOP, properly initialed and dated.
- Confirms via signature or initials of work performed by other medicine associates at each step by checking work and signing logbooks, medicine cards, and BPRs.
- Verifies work performed by being physical present when work is done and confirms verification by signature or initialing.
- Verification is stipulated at certain parts of the BPR.
- May train new employees on SOPs, sampling procedures, and equipment as required.
- Performs all cleaning in medicine area and perform all equipment cleaning in the medicine department in accordance with the Work Instructions.
- Move skid with drums of softlet cores from warehouse to softlet room; lift softlet drums using the hydraulic drum lifter to fill totes to specified weight with the aid of the scale.
- Record data on BPR and all necessary logbooks and tote cards.
- As directed by BPR obtain fill samples and transport to medicine office for further disposition.
- An entry is made into designated logbook and samples are stored or delivered to quality control (QC) lab.
- Retrieve all raw materials from gray zone in warehouse with the aid of a pallet jack.
- Perform yield and manufacturing loss calculations in the BPR. Add nitrogen blanket to tank headspace in accordance with the BPR. Performs manufacturing for simple and complex products and simple potent products. Reviews daily schedule and performs the following checks: status boards, gel/medicine cards,
- Batch Production Records, and back-up tanks of medicine in staging area. Ensures the correct gelatin and medicine are brought into the dispensing staging area. Monitors gel tanks.
- Checks for temperature readings, checks gel age, ensures tanks are staged about the proper corresponding machine, ensures each tank has calibrated thermometer in tank lid, reviews mixing time and viscosity.
- Records all readings and Prints GMR Reports (Temperature).
- Performs mixing as required, using either mechanical mixer or hand paddle. Observes mixing and purge instructions in “Special Instructions“ on Batch Production Record. Records activities.
- Performs gel and medicine changeovers as required.
- Disconnects old tanks and removes to the wash rack area with proper label. Stages new tank above the correct machine for dispensing.
- Performs cleaning as required. Cleans mixer and hand paddle. Cleans dispensing area. Performs reallocation of gelatin. Perform other business-related duties as needed
How will you get there?
High School Diploma/GED required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status