When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. Our employees drive the future of innovation in each of our world-class brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market. We are elevating the industry by setting the bar for quality and execution. Our DTNA employees are empowered to drive the Technology Revolution through our innovative products and customer-focused culture. Our dedication to our customers does not stop once our products hit the road. We immerse ourselves in the customers’ experience and what drives their business toward the future.
Daimler. One Team. Best Team.
Driven to connect our world. Apply today!
This is an entry-level electrician position responsible to install, maintain, service and repair electrical wiring, mechanical equipment, and fixtures; as well as provide scheduled and on-call service to facilities or equipment. Must be able to work any shift.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate root cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipments, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, ensuring compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and blueprints to find out the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Use relevant information and individual discernment to figure out whether events or processes align with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Electrical/Technical certification preferred.
- Current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations required.
- Strong electrical and mechanical operation skills with ability to troubleshoot industrial machines.
- One or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance is required.
- Ability to read, analyze wiring diagrams, blue prints and schematics
- Light to medium effort equal to frequent lifting or moving lightweight materials required. Required to regularly sit or stand, kneel or crouch, bend at the waist and reach from knee to head height.
- Use of safety glasses, goggles, or a face shield, safety shoes, and hearing protection is required. Use of gloves, a respirator, including tight-fitting-seal types may be required.
- May work at times at elevated levels on platforms, ladders or aerial lift vehicle.
- Attached resume required
Qualifying applicants will complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check as well as a skilled trades test prior to start of employment. Please submit a resume for consideration.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.