High Point University is seeking a full-time Data Analyst for the Student Accounts department. This position effectively serves as a liaison between the Student Accounts Office and the Office of Information Technology, as well as other departments as needed. The Data Analyst will conduct research, analysis, configuration, testing and maintenance of computer systems in support of the Student Accounts Office. This requires understanding the workflow of data going to and coming from the Student Accounts Office. This position will work within a diverse team environment that includes participants from a broad range of campus units. The ability to work within the multi-disciplinary team environment while at the same time interacting productively with end-users, technical staff, and executive stakeholders is critical. The Data Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining the daily billing necessary for tuition adjustments and changes in housing and meal plan assignments.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a Higher Education environment is highly preferred.
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Experience working with both internal and contract/vendor resources to solve business problems and implement solutions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Knowledge and ability to utilize the Internet, Microsoft Office software, E-Commerce and ERP software such as Ellucian-Datatel/Banner or Workday or a related higher education software package.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize internal systems such as Perceptive Content, TMS/Nelnet, Entrinsik Informer, Reporting Services and Blackboard/Blackboard Reporting System.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration and inter-team skills.Has ability to listen well to others and accepts input from team members. Follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with fellow innovators.
- Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize competing work responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Improve upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools and report generation.
- Knowledge of 1098-T reporting for year-end tax purposes.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, consultants and other third party organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of information systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Works closely with Associate Director to identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and documents the requirements for, new information systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the Student Accounts Office.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching Student Accounts staff.
- As directed by the Associate Director of Student Accounts, participates in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility – consults with the Associate Director regarding organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis.
- Explores procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service.
- Develops information system documentation to support efficient Student Account operations and prepares reports, written findings, and recommendations.
- Participates in the analysis and design of any computer database systems relating to Student Accounts.
- Handles and maintains year-end 1098-T reporting for third party vendor and distribution to students.Analyzes 1098-T information for accuracy and collaborates with team members on any adjustments needed. Responsible for handling calls from parents and students regarding 1098-T questions.
- Responsible for performing the daily billing functions of the Office of Student Accounts.This will include billing the tuition adjustments and housing assignment changes. Also to include making any manual adjustments for taxes and other tuition related fees.
- Assists in analyzing and reporting on other student account functions as needed.
As delegated by university policy, the incumbent assists with improving business process through information systems to meet budgetary requirements of the university. The incumbent works closely with the Associate Director of Student Accounts to ensure compliance with University policies. This position contributes extensively to the University having a successful Student Accounts function.
For more information on this position, please email Megan Inch at email@example.com.
- No search firm assistance is needed.