The Advertising Account Executive is responsible for advertising and sponsorship sales as well as marketing promotional opportunities to an assigned customer list that includes IMC exhibitors and non-exhibiting ad sales prospects.
- Responsible for advertising and sponsorship sales across 3 campuses
- Work closely with leasing team to begin the publication sales process immediately after lease/contract is executed.
- Attend industry tradeshows to meet with current and prospective customers.
- Generate sales through phone, personal and email solicitation.
- Create customized advertising/sponsorship packages for key customers.
- Create insertion orders for all sales and obtain customer signature.
- Approve all ads prior to printing.
- Coordinate fulfillment of sponsorships with production to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Post-sale customer service.
- Manage customer’s expectations of ROI
- Ability to work with top level clients B2B
- Excellent time management skills
- Understand competitor’s rates, packages i.e. trade publications
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets
- Three to five years directly related experience in advertising or sales, or other applicable experience.
- Ability to respond calmly and handle multiple demands in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe.
- Physically able to move within and around buildings without assistance
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends if required
- Fiscally responsible to manage and achieve business goals and objectives
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Energy, drive, vision, and credibility to partner with the team whose operational excellence is critical to the success of the company
- Actively participates in creating and maintaining a work environment and culture that fosters team spirit high with a focus on the achievement of growth and profit objectives
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work closely with team at all levels within the organization
- Sensitivity to the business practices, rules and regulations, effective business tactics, and cultural norms of the environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal staff, business partners, customers, and the local community
- Upbeat and positive attitude, commitment to winning results
- Self-motivation and deadline-driven focus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Creative thinker
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws.