Folder Operator 1st shift - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Assist in setting up and maintaining insert/leaflet folding equipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Locates flatstock to make ready for folding inserts and outserts.
- Performs all required preventative machine maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Performs all make readies and minor adjustments to produce inserts.
- Operates insert folding equipment as needed.
- Adheres to 6S, SOP's and work instructions.
- Makes trays and shippers as needed.
- Adheres to quality standards.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be able to read a ruler
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.