Dialysis Nurse, will train, no weekends, Monday-Friday flexible scheduling options
17 E. Old Country Rd,Hicksville,New York,11801-4270,United States of America
As a full-time Registered Nurse Home Hemodialysis (HHD RN)
Some dialysis patients perform their dialysis treatment at home instead of in-center. In this role, youll work in the clinic to plan, train, and oversee your patients to ensure their home dialysis treatment stays on track. If you havent considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required. - Training Provided!
What To Expect:
- Advocate here youll be responsible for assessing each patients condition and implement comprehensive training plans based on your evaluation to help them dialyze on their treatment.
- Educate In addition to training patients to perform their own treatments and giving them the confidence to address complications, home hemodialysis nurses also educate perspective patients on the potential benefits of home dialysis and engage physician and in-center nurses to ensure patients are making an active choice in their dialysis treatment.
- Autonomy provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting by applying your core nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans.
What Well Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experiences for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey. We offer programs such as:
- THRIVE: Develops high-potential nurses, clinical coordinators and clinic nurse managers into operational managers
- DSSL & SPARK Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop their supervisory and leadership skill set
- 100+ CEU courses at no cost
- Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to teammates
Some details about this position:
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training. After training, you will build your own schedule Monday-Friday,
- You must be flexible on the final clinic placement as it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training.
You must have:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience.
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree.
- CPR certified, or willing to become certified within 30 days.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
You might also have:
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background.
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN).
Interested in learning more about home hemodialysis? Read morehere.
Questions? Email us email@example.com send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this meansclick here.
This location requires that teammates in this role be vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are hired for this position, DaVita will require proof you have completed the COVID-19 vaccination, or that you have a valid medical or religious exemption. All exemption requests will be reviewed by DaVitas Leave of Absence team.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.“ Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidates qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at