Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to: Accounting Administrator Manager
Perform accounts payable duties primarily consisting of general ledger coding and entering general A/P invoices, approving for payment, printing checks, filing. Also, dealing with inquiries regarding payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ·Retrieve, open, stamp, verify all payable invoices and sort for approval from proper department.
- Audit invoice discrepancies and address with appropriate departments
- Resolve invoices that have been suspended in accounting
- ·Code all approved general and carrier payables.
- Index all payable and carrier documents on a daily basis
- ·Manage the approval queue for general payables to ensure they are posted timely.
- · Generate and issue all payables on a daily basis (ACH, Check, Wire, etc)
- ·Assist in processing all payables due at the end of the period/month/year.
- ·Contact point for all inquiries regarding payables.
- ·Maintain all computer records/contacts needed for accurate check processing.
- ·Maintain adequate inventory of supplies needed for payables (checks, envelopes, etc..).
- ·Work on projects or complete administrative duties as assigned. C
- Complete 1099 IRS reporting.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two or more years of accounts payable or accounts receivable experience.
PERFORMANCE & METRICS
- Accurate and timely Accounts Payable system maintenance
- Accurate General Payable coding
- Assure accurate and timely cash management of Client/Carrier payment activity
- Responsive Vendor and Client payables support
- Accurate and timely indexing of inbound documents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be detailed oriented, have excellent multi-tasking skills, and a self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common English business communication including invoices, letters, and bills of lading.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customer or vendors.
- Ability to effectively present information to clients, vendors, and management.
- Ability to apply fundamental mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Fundamental spreadsheet use and word processing skills.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills.
- Accuracy is more important than speed, with minimum capability of 40 wpm.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and determine the best course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to understand and act upon verbal and written instructions.
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Standard office environment, usually indoors away from the elements with moderate noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a stationary position for extended periods; move about the office, operate computers and files, as needed; and frequently communicate with others. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to enter data on 10 key or computer keyboard. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally, the employee is required to lift boxes up to 20 pounds.
- This is a full-time benefits-eligible position, working Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. An employee in this position must be available to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, during peak periods.
- Local travel is required. Out of state travel is limited, but may be required for special training/conferences.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.