Case Manager
 Hiawatha, KS

Requisition Number: CASEM03378

KVC Kansas is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you!

People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.

The Case Manager will:

  • provide direct, in-home services to assist in reuniting children with their biological family
  • lead case planning conferences with families using the strengths-based approach to assist clients in developing goals and objectives
  • demonstrate superior organization and time management skills and professionalism.
  • supervise visitation between children and family members
  • maintain accurate and timely documentation of all interactions with clients. Strong computer skills are necessary to maintain documentation in KVC’s proprietary software
  • provide written updates to cases with court supervision and testify in corresponding court hearings

Due to the unique needs of the families we serve, this role does not have a predictable schedule and does require evening work with additional on-call rotations. However, KVC staff have the flexibility to manage their own time in order to create a positive work-life balance. Travel to biological and foster homes is required; use of company vehicles and/or mileage reimbursement is provided for all company travel.

KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays and additional paid time off; and an employer matched retirement plan.


  • Bachelor’s or Master’s in social work, substance abuse/addictions/community counseling, human development, child and family development, applied family and youth studies, public health, health sciences, trauma studies, sociology/social services, education/early childhood, mental health/rehabilitation counseling, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, or psychology is required.
  • Ability to obtain a temporary or full licensure with the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board ( within the first 90 days of employment is highly preferred, but not required.

KVC offers assistance with obtaining licensure including providing study materials for the exam as well as licensure application and renewal fees.