Up to $10k Sign-On Bonus available based on experience
Delivers professional and technical care to adult and older adult ( geriatric ) population admitted to the Behavioral Health Services with psychiatric illnesses. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the patient. Nursing care delivered complies with objectives and policies of the hospital utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Works under the direction of, and in collaboration with the hospital's medical staff. Prepares equipment and assist physician during treatments and examination of patients. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in a accordance with unit specific standards. Assists in planning, supervising, and instructing Licensed Practical Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians, thereby providing nursing care to an assigned number of patients. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department director or Nurse Manager. Will conduct psycho-educational group with patient population as scheduled.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- 2 years of experience in a behavioral inpatient acute care setting preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/detect changes in human physiological condition
- Ability to perform in high paced, stressful environment
- Current Florida RN license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Current Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) card