What You Will Do:
As a Business Office Specialist for Amedisys, you will help our clinicians focus on patient care while you provide administrative, clerical and customer service support for the operational functions for the care center.
- Perform data entry and input of medical information and maintains patient medical records and data to support the billing, scheduling, payroll and compliance functions of the care center.
- File medical records, physicians' orders, lab reports, progress notes, clinical notes, etc. on active and discharged patients and maintains security of all patient records and electronic medical records.
- Maintain office supplies and medical inventory supplies and distribution.
- Maintain the ongoing scheduling of patient visits for all assigned field staff, as well as communication updates, changes and new admissions to ensure continuity and coordination of patient care services.
- Greet visitors and answer the multi-line telephone and gives information to callers or routes calls to appropriate staff.
- Process, handle and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and all other correspondence (including electronic mail.)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years general office experience, with one (1) of those years having been in data entry or word processing functions.
- Some medical terminology or health care industry experience