FWG Solutions is a rapidly growing systems integrator and premier small business provider of technology services to government and commercial clients. We are a trusted provider of cybersecurity, logistics, advanced engineering and operational support services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community and Federal Civilian agencies. We are a quality driven organization that leverages its ISO 20000-1:2011, ISO 27001:2013 and CMMI quality standards, certifications and service delivery expertise to support all of our clients.
FWG Solutions is looking to fill a Systems Developer, the position located in the Herndon, VA area, in support of a dynamic fast paced business office on our federal client program.
- Detailed experience with AWS and all of its resources (or least its main ones EC2, S3, and RDS), as well as very familiar with Cloudformation to create and maintain AWS resources.
- Program applicants in an Object Oriented Programming language, preferably in Ruby or Python.
- Experience with Java as well to help assist the development teams as needed since their applications are written in Java.
- USe the AWS Ruby SDK, AWS python SDK (botocore), and AWS Java SDK to develop programs, this experience will be vital in helping the development teams utilize AWS correctly.
- They must also have experience with Jenkins and building Jenkins Pipelines using Groovy, this is needed for the customers' continuous integration and deployment efforts.
- Manage software installation utilizing Puppet
- This is not a system admin position, must be well versed in system development.
- 5 or more years of AWS experience, this includes building AWS resources using Cloudformation and interacting with them as well using AWS SDKs such as Ruby, Python, and Java.
- Experience with Ruby and Python for scripting.
- Object Oriented Programming background and a willingness to both learn and teach.
- Experience with Puppet for software installation.
- Experience with Jenkins and have understand continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices
- Team player and work well with others regardless of skill levels. This characteristic is key because there are a lot of teams that will need DevOps support and along with that will be a wide range of skill levels.
- Willingness to learn
- Desired Skills:
- Experience with Java Spring framework to help development teams troubleshoot application issues.
- Experience with SPLUNK and ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana) for log file monitoring.
- Experience with Jenkins and running as a Jenkins Agent.
- Experience with writing Jenkins pipelines using Groovy.
- Experience with Teaching and spreading knowledge across multiple teams.
- Experience with writing Rspecs, Ruby unit test framework.
- Experience with Java build processes using gradle, maven, and ant.
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI clearance with a FS poly from day one of employment and be crossover eligible.
This opportunity offers career development and growth, competitive compensation, and a robust benefits package with 4 Weeks PTO w/ rollover, 11 paid holidays, company paid events and training, 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
FWG holds multiple government contracting vehicles as a Prime Contractor to include: 8(a) Direct Award; HUBZone - Direct Award; GSA IT-70; Army Accent; Army ITES-3S; AFSFC IT BPA.
FWG Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. FWG welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for our jobs.