This is an exciting opportunity to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
AWS established a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
The AWS Intelligence team is seeking highly motivated engineers who are focused on operational excellence and troubleshooting complex system operations, have a good understanding of Linux, networking and general knowledge of cloud services. We need engineers who understand how to think big, and simplify solutions to complex problems; all while ensuring that our customers continue to have the best experience possible.
On a “typical“ day, our engineers may dive deep to find the root cause of a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending in the wrong direction, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational processes. As a member of our team you will join an elite group of engineers who provide troubleshooting and operations support, and innovate to automate operational tasks.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· 1+ years experience in support engineering, operations, maintenance, and process improvement of Linux or 3+ years experience in support engineering, operations, maintenance, and process improvement Windows systems
· 1+ year experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments
· 1+ years experience supporting service-oriented architecture and web services ·
· 1+ years of exposure to knowledge/experience on highly distributed virtual environment, networking, s/w build and deployment process.
· 1+ years experience with scripting and/or programming languages; such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or relevant work experience.
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting and/or programming languages; such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
· Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience operating parallel, distributed systems at scale
· Understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and TLS.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent documentation skills
· Able to show good judgment and instincts in decision making
· Able to prioritize and perform in complex, fast-paced situations
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.