Be a part of operating the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking a bright, motivated and hardworking individual to fill a Infra Ops Supply Chain Specialist position. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Infra Ops Supply Chain Specialist will monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities. They will ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and make inventory movement/transfer decisions for various Datacenters. They will also evaluate potential restocking or purchasing requirements to ensure our operational strategies are met. The Infra Ops Supply Chain Specialist will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high volume, fast paced inventory management environment, as well as experience and knowledge of reverse logistics processes, RFQ process, as well as PO and invoice reconciliation. The Infra Ops Supply Chain Specialist will frequently be involved in vendor relations and communications. Candidates must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and be comfortable working with other Microsoft Office products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate potential restocking requirements with purchasing and operational strategies
- Work to ensure inventory is set for new product launches and work with appropriate cross functional teams to mitigate any issues
- Provide planning solutions for any product or material shortages
- Develop KPI's with regards to material shortages and surplus, lead time, restocking points, and reconciliation differences (write-offs)
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for planning and purchasing processes and systems
- Prepare periodical reports as agreed with management
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company