Strategic Supply Chain Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Our team is looking for an experienced Strategic Supply Chain Manager for our technology spares supply chain, with a strong delivery record and senior leadership experience to own and manage strategic, cross-functional, cross-organizational business initiatives. You will work across the team and its customers to align on a short and long-range demand plan. You will contribute to our Global Spare Planning function to estimate the needs of our data centers across our network. If you love being at the forefront of industry growth and development, developing and executing processes in a highly ambiguous environment, identifying information gaps and collaboration needs, and driving business strategy, then this is the spot for you. This is a high impact role offering an opportunity to drive and influence business-critical decisions impacting the long-term future of the business.
· Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
· Review historical usage trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, analyze auto generated forecast output, and evaluate forecast results.
· Coordinate cross-functional collaboration and consensus activities, research and reconcile significant variances, refine the forecast model to reflect updated business plan assumptions, and reduce forecast model variance.
· Interact with data center operations, hardware engineering, business service owners, supply chain teams, logistics operations, and other multi-functional stake holders to understand and develop demand forecast drivers.
· Utilize a collaborative approach to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
· Develop tools, processes, communication channels to develop and manage forecast efficiently, and drive more effective forecast consensus
· Dive deep into forecasting planning models to identify risks and opportunities and resolve constraints by negotiating across demand and supply owners
· Establish purchase order placement process and manage across multiple cross functional teams
· BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Mathematics or related field
· 6+ years of relevant work experience in demand planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning
· 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Advanced Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain/Operations or related field.
· 3+ years of experience leading and managing S&OP type forecast and demand planning process
· Previous technology hardware planning and operation knowledge
· Experience with Inventory Modeling / Supply Chain Management concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization, regression analysis
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
· Proven track record of high impact business results
· Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future