Software Development Manager
Join us to drive high-impact innovation that secures our cloud by building solutions that enable an ecosystem of services to protect against sophisticated threats. The Chronicle team owns the security telemetry mission in AWS. We collect, enrich and vend massive volumes of security related data from millions of hosts across globally distributed regions.
As a Software Development Manager on the Chronicle team, you will be leading a team to build the next generation of scalable and fast distributed systems on industry leading technologies. The solutions you deliver are foundational in supporting the security and audit missions of AWS teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Scale and Impact – Our team builds solutions that enable AWS service teams to leverage security related data to protect against threats. In this role, you will lead the team to develop simple solutions to complex problems in the area of collecting, enriching and vending massive volumes of security related data. The solutions your team delivers will be high-performing, scalable, and meet the availability expectations of AWS. You will raise the bar on storage and compute optimizations in every functionality we deliver. You will champion automation, and generate efficiencies in our execution, for us and our customers.
- Growth - You will have end-to-end ownership of the product, leading the team from requirements, design, development, test and deployment of our features across our regions globally. Everything we do is customer-centric, and you will raise the bar for us!
- Collaboration - You will also work with a talented and diverse team of software development managers and engineers who are passionate about data and application security.
About the team
- The team uses Go, Python and TypeScript to build continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions to collect, enrich and vend Linux security telemetry data.
- Build the way you want using the full library of AWS technologies!
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and have an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to align your assignments with your passion to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
Inclusive Team Culture
Amazon’s ability to innovate on behalf of our customers relies on the perspectives and knowledge of people from all backgrounds. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We have 13 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We actively recruit diverse candidates through our partnerships with historically Black colleges and universities, Hispanic-serving institutions and women’s colleges, and we have over 40,000 veterans and military family members working at Amazon.
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience in owning services that ingest and vend large volumes of security related data.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.