Software Development Engineer
Join us to drive high-impact innovation that secures our cloud by building solutions that enable an ecosystem of services to protect against sophisticated threats. The Chronicle team owns the security telemetry mission in AWS. We collect, enrich and vend massive volumes of security related data from millions of hosts across globally distributed regions.
As a Security Software Development Engineer on the Chronicle team, you will develop software that collects, enriches and vends Linux security telemetry data. The solutions you deliver are foundational in supporting the security and audit missions of AWS teams.
Our team prioritizes work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to lifelong happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and have an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to align your assignments with your passion to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to work on really cool things but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
- Scale and Impact – Our team builds solutions that enable AWS service teams to leverage security related data to protect against threats. In this role, you will challenge yourself to develop simple solutions to complex problems in the area of collecting, enriching and vending massive volumes of security related data. The solutions you deliver will be high-performing, scalable, and meet the availability expectations of AWS. You will raise the bar on storage and compute optimizations in every functionality we deliver. You will champion automation, and generate efficiencies in our execution, for us and our customers. You will work to solve some of the biggest and most complex security challenges that exist today.
- Growth - You will have end-to-end ownership of scoping, design, development, test and deployment of our features across our regions globally. You will be part of a team that values strong intuition, but is data-driven and seeks metrics to challenge our biases. Everything we do is customer-centric, and you will raise the bar for us!
- Collaboration - You will also work with a talented and diverse team of software development engineers who are passionate about data and application security. You will share your knowledge through documentation, design reviews, code reviews, and pairing.
A day in the life
As an experienced Software Development engineer, you will build and own software related to Linux security telemetry data collection, enrichment and vending. You will work with a team of world-class software developers who thrive on creating innovative and scalable solutions for real-world security challenges. You will build, validate, and support continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions to collect, enrich and vend Linux security telemetry data using Go, Python and Type Script. You will get to build the way you want using the full library of AWS technologies!
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Linux/Unix tools, kernel and architecture.
- Experience in developing services that ingest and vend large volumes of security related data.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.