Software Development Engineer
AWS is revolutionizing technology and business through better cloud engineering, and at the core of that revolution is the way we think about networking at enormous scale. AWS Networking Data Science steers the ship for the fastest growing network in the world, and we rely on scientific judgement supported by modeling, statistical inference, timeseries forecasting, machine learning, and graph algorithms to make every critical decision.
We’re looking for Software Development Engineer with unfettered curiosity and a drive to solve major research challenges at the intersection of business and engineering.
You are skeptical. When someone gives you a data source, you pepper them with questions about sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage. When you’re told a model can make assumptions, you aggressively try to break those assumptions.
You have passion for excellence. The wrong choice of analysis could cost the business dearly. You maintain rigorous statistical standards and take ownership of the outcome your analyses suggest.
You do whatever it takes to add value. You don’t care whether you’re working on machine learning, blazing fast code, forecasting, distributed computing, scraping data, or building complex data visualizations, you care passionately about shareholders and know that as a curator of data insight you can unlock massive cost savings.
You have a limitless curiosity. You constantly ask questions and break apart problems scientifically. You form hypotheses and then eagerly try to break them.
You value relationships and patient explanation. Part of being a trusted advisor is building a strong track record and continually demonstrating to your customers that your analysis will save them money and time. You break down your model assumptions without jargon and help customers understand where your model fails.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· B.S degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience in any of Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, C/C++.
· Experience with REST, web services and cloud environments.
· Comfortable working with Linux, or other Unix operating systems.
· Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance.
· Strong Network and Systems troubleshooting skills
· Experience with capacity planning
· Experience with agile development methodologies and DevOps environments.
· Experience with forecasting
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age