Senior Technical Program Manager
Amazon Web Services has an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Program Manager to support AWS data center scaling initiatives. The TPM will lead cross-functional teams to drive automation and process improvements to support network scaling initiatives. The TPM will work with infrastructure, service and software teams to drive automation into current workflows.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possess 5+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, as well as strategic program management. A Bachelor's Degree or additional technical experience is required. Candidates possessing a background in software/hardware engineering, infrastructure operations, analytical data mining and/or software development who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. Being able to create cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones, and develop workflows that eliminate non-value-add activity, remove blockers, and find creative ways to accelerate position recovery is a must.
Key responsibilities include:
· Driving strategic automation and process improvement programs across the scaling and networking environments, including anticipating risks, resolving issues and drive solutions.
· Work with stakeholders (software/tool development teams/operations leadership/networking engineers/tech program managers/senior management) to define requirements and processes.
· Manage the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and negotiate the trade-offs needed.
· Provide program progress reporting on a regular basis.
· End to end responsibility for the program’s execution and success.
· Manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Develop and implement scalable, data-driven process improvement/automated solutions.
· Keep the customer experience as the primary focus.
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
· Bachelor’s Degree AND 7+ years of project management experience OR 10+ years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
· 5+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
· Experience implementing Amazon Web Services technology
· Master’s Degree or advanced professional degree
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure projects
· Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
· Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected
status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.