Sr. Solutions Architect, Telecommunications
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a technical leader to help global telecommunications service providers and partners transform their businesses with AWS technology.
The problem domains are diverse: 5G monetization, network function virtualization, digital customer journeys, OSS/BSS transformation, mobile edge computing, hyperscale data, cybersecurity, and supply chain logistics. At your disposal is the breadth of AWS, including artificial intelligence, edge computing, IoT, and data analytics.
As part of the Telecommunications Solutions Architecture team, you will collaborate with customers, internal AWS teams, and AWS partners to deliver solutions to the unique challenges of information and operational technology in telecom customers. You will be the single-threaded owner of the AWS technology strategy for your customer and account team to drive AWS adoption. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value while assessing risks, balancing trade-offs, and encouraging risk-tasking to maximize your customer's business value of AWS is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think long-term about business, product, and technical outcomes.
Inside AWS, you are an ambassador of our customers. You will articulate customer needs by synthesizing your observations from customer engagements and market trends around telco workloads to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define and implement cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
Our team is small, but growing, energetic and motivated. We come from diverse backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a deep curiosity, a passion for delighting our customers, and a desire to deliver technology that transforms their business. What’s it like to work at AWS? Our team experiences high levels of collaboration, lots of multi-tasking, and often course corrections or new ideas that mean adaptability is key. We find creative and scalable solutions to our customers’ difficult problems, and we own delivering those outcomes to the customer. We are also a geographically-distributed team, which means you will need to possess a high bias for taking action without immediate team consensus.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called “peculiar.“ We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, we are deeply curious, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture –– focused on removing obstacles so builders can build –– are part of why our Amazonians enjoy working at AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
This role can be based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro; the Washington, DC/Dulles, VA Metro; the Atlanta, GA metro, or the Newark, NJ area. Domestic travel of up to 30% is expected.
· 5+ years' experience in a customer-facing technology or engineering role
· 5+ years’ experience working with telecommunications operators on network services design and deployment
· 5+ years’ experience working with telecommunications operators on cloud transformation projects
· 5+ years' experience working on network and IT security projects
· 7+ years’ experience building telecommunications and computer networking solutions
· 7+ years' of design, implementation, or consulting experience with large-scale, enterprise applications
· Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or related field of study or 10+ years of related work experience
· Experience in a solutions architecture or sales engineering role engaging with customer technology leaders, building relationships, earning trust, and delivering results
· Superior written communication and presentation skills with business and technology audiences
· Hands-on experience with AWS
· AWS Technical Certifications
· Advanced technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
· Experience with Internet technologies, mobile and wireless networks, routing and security protocols and methods, network operations
· Experience with network operations, network management, network service orchestration
· Experience with data analytics, AI/ML, and IoT
· Experience operating in the broader telecom ecosystem (standards and industry bodies, trade associations, network equipment providers, systems integrators)