Senior Real Estate Development Manager, AWS Data Center Supply Solutions
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a comprehensive, evolving, and growing business unit within Amazon.com which provides cloud services. Since early 2006, AWS has provided a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are looking for a talented professional to join the AWS Real Estate Team who will operate on both strategic and tactical levels to support the expansion of AWS’s Data Center Network in the U.S.
In this role, you will work directly with land owners, data center developers, PE firms, local jurisdictions, land use attorneys and consultants to identify and successfully navigate the required real estate entitlements to acquire and develop new data centers. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with a technical background that enables them to successfully guide and communicate AWS’s vision for development. You will collaborate with and manage multi-disciplinary internal and external stakeholders to produce outcomes that support sustainable growth and are sensitive to the communities in which we expand.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead deal engagement, negotiation and closing of real estate sites
- Lead the entitlement process and jurisdictional engagement for respective transactions.
- Assist in developing site plans that deliver the best in class product consistent with market conditions while achieving the investment assumptions
- Work cross-functionally to develop project schedule and development budget. Track hard and soft project costs
- Partner with the local jurisdiction and participate in any local meetings and hearings relating to these projects
- Work cross-functionally with other internal and external teams, including Design Engineering, Legal, Economic Development, Public Policy, Construction and Capacity Planning, to inform a regional real estate development strategy
- Build and lead teams of vendors, consultants, and contractors to support acquisition, entitlements and delivery.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of AWS's master plan design principles, BOD and best practices for entitlements.
- Communicating project entitlement status across many teams and management levels
- Some travel required
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of skillsets, experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Real Estate or related fields.
- 6+ years of experience in real-estate development, law, engineering, master planning in a technical industry
- 5+ years’ experience performing the full range of land entitlement functions leveraging a combination of internal and external resources.
- 5+ years’ experience in site due diligence, site development, and negotiation of entitlement agreements for large complex projects.
- Master's Degree or higher (including Juris Doctor) in Urban Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate or related fields.
- Understanding of and experience in the Data Center industry, including data center siting and general operations.
- Experience in public private partnerships
- Ability to understand and communicate high level electrical, power & cooling, fiber optics, and other technical requirements, particularly related to Internet infrastructure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.