Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Join Vencore in support of a future contract to provide network security services for an Intelligence Community customer to protect against outside threats. Responsibilities as a Cyber Security Analyst include:
- Develop and utilize “Case Management” process for incident and resolution tracking. The process should also be used for historic recording of all anomalous or suspicious activity. Currently, processes in place now use the JIRA tool.
- Work collaboratively with other Cyber Security Analysts and Cyber Forensics Engineers to perform incident response and analysis.
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
- Investigate virus/malware alerts/incidents to determine root cause, entry point of code, damage risk, and report this information as deemed necessary by CIRT Management and the COTR.
- Track, on a daily basis, intelligence (both open and classified sources) concerning cyber threats and assist in preparation of a daily report to senior management on the current status of a threat and our ability to counteract that threat.
- Generate, track, and report monthly statistics on virus activity both on enterprise networks.
- Investigation and analysis of all data sources, to include Internet, Intelligence Community reporting, security events, firewall logs, forensic analysis, and other data sources to identify malware, misuse, unauthorized activity or other INFOSEC related concerns.
- Participate in TEMs or project review meetings and provide technical INFOSEC guidance when necessary.
- One of Senior Cyber Security Analysts will be expected to report on tasks, manage issues, attend appropriate meetings, and report on status daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly, with trending information. He/she will coordinate team activities with other groups, and perform other duties as required by the COTR and Contractor PM.
- Serve as an incident responder as necessary and/or assist as directed in all CIRT incidents (i.e. data spills or other information security related incidences upon which the Contractor is called upon to act), which may include reporting, cleanup, coordination, documenting, analysis, and/or other necessary activities to resolve, mitigate, or simply respond to the event. Make recommendations/train the analysts to improve reporting.
- Work with the Government Lead Analyst, Senior Engineer, and Cyber SME to improve metrics for reporting
- Develop and maintain CIRT schedule.
- Develop and maintain communications among Contractor personnel and Sponsor on all threat, defense, and situational awareness issues and information.
- Work with O&M lead to maintain all systems at highest state of readiness with all the latest updates and signatures.
- Assist Government with all reporting requirements, including tasking for information, collection of information, creation of reports, routing for approval and distribution.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT or Cyber Security discipline. If the candidate meets all of the qualifications, skills and experience for this labor category, but lacks a bachelor’s degree, then eight (8) years’ of relevant work experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of five years’ of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture or data management.
- Senior Cyber Security Analyst – Senior Cyber Security Analyst – IAT Level III certifications.
- Experience with Hewlett-Packard’s ARCSIGHT SIEM.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience with an industry leading Endpoint Detection and Response Tool such as Carbon Black, EnCase Cybersecurity, or Tanium.
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems such as McAfee Network Security Manager, Sourcefire SNORT, or Palo Alto Wildfire.
- Experience with a Case Management Tool such as JIRA or ServiceNow.