SDM - AWS Organizations
Come build the platform on which every large AWS customer builds. Help companies organize how they use, manage, and expand their AWS footprint. As enterprise adoption accelerates, governance, security, and management systems are critical to growth. AWS Organization enables customers to focus on their business, not the muck of managing accounts.
This position represents a rare opportunity to build a new team and help shape the technology, product, and business
- Do you enjoy hiring and leading a team?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to be both a technical and business owner?
- Do you have a passion for software design, development, testing, and operations?
- Is your desire to have an industry-wide impact defining visionary, ground-breaking products?
Key job responsibilities
- Coach and manage a high-performing engineering team
- Architecture, design, code ownership for long-term product strategy for AWS Organization platform services and features
- Manage communication with stakeholders, set and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Establish high bar for processes and standards in the execution of all projects
- Ownership and continuous improvement of all operational metrics and automation tools for your team’s software
A day in the life
A day in the life of a Software Development Manager (SDM) on the AWS Organization team focuses on organizing and planning the team's objectives for today and the future. SDMs meet with the engineering team to define priorities, track progress, and help unblock. Outside of the team, SDMs will coordinate with other leadership members to align objectives and identify the next steps, which may span the following days, week, and months. SDMS will also meet with individual engineers to provide feedback for growth and progress.
About the team
We value our diverse team, in tenure, gender, and background. Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity. Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find the harmony that brings you happiness and fulfillment.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
3+ years of software development experience
Proven track record building and managing software engineering teams
Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
Experience with big data, cloud computing, or large-scale distributed systems for commercial online services that require high availability and performance
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
- Passionate about designing and developing simple solutions to complex, ambiguous problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment, with deep understanding of large distributed and online systems
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is 150-250k+; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.