Deltek is seeking Sales Development Representatives for our Herndon, VA office. As a Sales Development Representative, you will focus on cultivating and qualifying leads. You will be a part of the winning team that generates revenue through pipeline development, fosters relationships and analyzes customer needs to uncover business challenges.
As an SDR you will complete a thorough onboarding program to learn about Deltek's product portfolio, our customers, their business challenges, as well as the Deltek sales process. This program sets you up for success, and puts you on track for strong performance and promotion. You will also have ongoing product and sales training as Deltek continues to invest in your success, which will include a 1 week intensive sales bootcamp.
As an SDR, you will:
- Work in a close-knit team environment to develop and accomplish a lead generation plan that meets or exceeds quota targets.
- Cultivate the pipeline by acting on field marketing leads and conducting outbound calls.
- Research and prospect to make outbound cold calls to prospective customers.
- Understand and articulate the breath of Deltek's product portfolio to our customers.
- Appropriately qualify all leads and establish an action plan.
- Participate in sales bootcamp, 1:1 training sessions, team meetings, skill building and professional development classes.
- Capture accurate and complete information in Salesforce.
- Cooperate with sales management to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Maintain and expand the database of prospects for the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Driven, eager to learn, and desire to pursue a career in IT sales.
- Minimum 1-2 years business experience, preferably in a results-oriented sales environment.
- Prior lead generation experience or cold-calling experience desired.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM applications.