PM, Region Planning, Citadel - Secure Space Program
Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle? Do you like to be creative, solving challenges with innovative ideas? Are you excited by opportunities to work across multiple teams that support the U.S. Intelligence Community? Do you feel passionate about designing and building secure facilities using structured project management methodologies?
The mission of the Corporate Infrastructure Team to own and drive strategic, operational and tactical initiatives that improve US Amazon Dedicated Cloud (ADC) operations by planning, designing, operating, and managing Remote Management Facilities (RMFs). This team is looking for an experienced project management professional to lead direct reports to meet strategic initiatives through cross functional teams to drive the planning, design and construction activities of secure office spaces to support the US ADC communities. This role requires someone with strong relationship building skills who will work with stakeholders on strategic planning/projects within Region Services organization. Some examples of project work may include support of delivering new or expanding current ADC RMF facilities.
The PM of Region Planning works across various organizations to define contract requirements, develop program requirements, and develop strategic plans to deliver secure space against it. The candidate will have the ability to drive and execute project scopes, solutions, project schedules, phased deliverables, key milestones and evaluate risks. The ideal candidate will bring project management, critical infrastructure, operations, networking, process improvement, critical thinking and risk management skills to this position.
Candidate must be comfortable owning project delivery, and possess the ability to facilitate discussions to troubleshoot project management issues and remove barriers to project success.
- Influence current and future region strategic planning and forecasting models
- Document and standardize cross functional processes and procedures
- Develop, communicate and maintain project road maps
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Liaison between various teams and organizations to coordinate competing activities
- Document writing and presentations up to the director level
- Develop and manage individual and multi-program risk management plans
- Develop and manage ADC short and long term strategic plans for execution
The ideal candidate is exceptionally analytical and has a continuous improvement mindset. They have program management skill sets and a strong communicator (verbally and written) to collaborate to solve cross-organization challenges creatively.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen. In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience supporting DoD related customers and programs
- Possess an active Top Secret Clearance
- 7+ years of experience in project/program management
- 7+ years of experience managing multiple large scale/complex programs
- Experience developing detailed project schedules, charters and project plans
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven problem solving skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment while delivering results.
- Experience managing requirements and developing strategic plans, supporting new business lifecycle phases (e.g., Request For Proposal (RFPs).
- Currently holds active PMP and/or PGMP certification or willing to obtain one within 12 months of employment
- Master's Degree
- Operations Management background
- Experience in designing, building and operating critical building infrastructure (e.g., HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, Telecom)
- Proven experience applying Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Program Management Professional (PGMP)
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.