Personnel Security Officer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, delivering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world to include the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC).
The AWS Security, Special Programs Group (SPG) operating within the AWS Security, is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing Amazon’s National Industrial Security Program (NISP). As a Personnel Security Officer supporting the AWS NISP, you will join a team of industry-leading security experts working with the U.S. Government to operate and continuously improve industry-leading personnel security programs and processes. AWS Security requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer focus on quality and execution.
AWS Security is looking for an entry level Personnel Security Officer. You must obsess over internal and external customers and successfully deliver support and services in an environment where priorities shift extremely fast. You must be able to operate independently to manage security projects, continuously triage and prioritize accordingly, communicate clearly and compellingly.
Among other duties, the Personnel Security Officer will:
· Support employees as they move through the clearance process to include prescreening and ensuring all required forms are accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner.
· Continuously monitor processes and drive improvements in efficiency and quality of our personnel security programs.
· Demonstrate proficiency with the full suite of MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
· Effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
· Self-motivated, able to work with minimal day-to-day guidance and have the ability to own problems through to resolution.
· Must be willing to share on-call rotations to support the mission when necessary.
*This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence, Security Management, Communications, Business Administration- or 2 years of Security Specialist security experience
· 2+ years of experience interpreting and enforcing security requirements of the NISPOM, ICD, ICPG, Executive Orders, and other Agency specific regulations as it pertains to personnel security
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI
· Experience supporting multiple government agencies
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily
· The ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
· Possess self-drive to keep things moving forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.