Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Managed Services team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies, interacting with the full breadth of AWS services.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
As a member of Managed Service team, this role will be working with our amazing Operation, Database, and Network Engineers to dive in and tackle the hardest technical challenges. The successful candidate will excel in an agile environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Operate the Managed Service platform and collaborate with internal service teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure and application deployments.
· Troubleshoot complex issues, Drive root cause by re-producing customer issues, and build proof of concept environments that abide by cloud-best-practices.
· Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
· Identify and drive improvements to technical processes
· Act as an escalation point and mentor to less experienced engineers on the team and across Amazon.
· Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
· Drive customer communication during critical events.
· Learn and leverage groundbreaking technologies.
Working Hours Requirement:
· Work on a scheduled day shift
· Work night shift for a duration of one month on rotation
· Bachelors Degree or Equivalent work experience
· 4+ years work experience in a systems administrator, engineering or technical IT/Cloud operations support role.
· 4+ years in Linux and/or Windows Operating System support
· AWS experience with production workloads
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
· Experience with aspect(s) of security: network, application, security protocols, cryptography, etc...
· Experience with Configuration Management Software
· Scripting and / or programming experience with at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash)
· Experience with IAM, Active Directory and ADFS
· Experience in a DevOps team, supporting CI/CD workloads.
· Experience configuring, managing or troubleshooting systems of scale (cloud, virtualization, distributed networks, co-location.)
· Experience in Networking (e.g. Deploying and troubleshooting LAN, VPN, Firewalls, TCP/IP etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us