EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Locksmith/Carpenter
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Locksmith/Carpenter in Herndon, VA. The Locksmith/Carpenter installs, services, and repairs various types of locks and security devices, builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other fixtures used in buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets Master Keying Guide; uses appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the sites security requirements.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems.
- Installs, services, and repairs various types of cyber locks, safes, and security devices.
- Disassembles locks; repairs and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Installs and repairs door hardware and hydraulic closing fixtures.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification.
- Issues keys and maintains records of keys issued and returned.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Performs minor carpentry work relating doors, door frames and locking devises.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have current TSSCI/with FSP clearance
- Must have locksmith certification
- Must be certified to service and repair specific types of cyber locks
- Must have three to six years' experience performing locksmith work in secure facilities
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of tools in trade
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 75 lbs.)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.