At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Information Security Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to support a mission partner by providing systems operations expertise for a wide variety of existing, maturing, and cutting-edge technologies. In this role a typical day will include:
- Responsible for adhering to system security posture by implementing tools, processes, and procedures required to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the system and system components
- Performs information system assessments validating implementation of security controls
- Participates in system accreditation processes
- Documents all controls, implementation of all controls, and disposition of controls
- Works with Sponsor counterpart to obtain approval to operate under RMF / ICD503 guidelines
- Establishes system audit policies and schedules
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled system security audits
- May be involved in implementing software including Tenable Nessus and Splunk
- Develops and delivers security assessment reports to maintain ATO status
- Ensure configuration management for security-relevant IS software, hardware and firmware is maintained and documented.
- Ensure system recovery processes are monitored to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Formally notify the appropriate individuals when changes occur that might affect authorization
- Participate in governance and project reviews identified by the Sponsor
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer's ability to effectively prosecute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
BA/BS in a relevant technical field, or requisite level of experience.
8+ years of related experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.