Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Work closely with the Head of trade show marketing and exhibition as well as the Sr Project Specialist to support Airbus planning and participation at selected trade shows with customers and industry partners to enhance the company's profile.
Event Support: 60%
- Provide logistics support such as securing and gathering trade show services information, conference room meeting schedules, sponsorships deliverables, invitations...
- Use company events tools (such as ExhibitDay) to capture all data related to trade show planning( including calendars, timelines, online registration forms, budget, sponsorships)
- Negotiate with, select and contract with event vendors such as caterers, venues, audio visual companies and photographers (in partnership with Airbus' Procurement team).
- Track budget/expenses related to each event; process and monitor invoices.
- Work with internal stakeholders on tradeshow needs and materials/promo items.
Procurement / Accounting: 20%
- Support and track the processing of invoices in correlation with the Airbus Procurement and finance guidelines.
- Enter PO requisitions in Click n Buy.
Corporate Membership: 10%
- Manage, monitor and update key Corporate Memberships (including payment processing and employees roster)
Corporate Gifts/Promotional Items :10 %
- Work with Procurement to source official promo items vendors to create and order select customer gifts.
- Understand and comply with corporate branding guidelines to ensure that all corporate promotional items reflect and adhere to the corporate brand requirements.
- Help maintain the internal promotional items inventory and budget (generate reports including costs per item and inventory)
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Working towards a BS or BA degree, preferably in Marketing, Communication or Business Administration
- Trade show & events, Marketing tools, Social media, G Suite preferred
- Event planning certification is a plus but not a requirement
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Required: Event Planning
- Preferred: Aviation knowledge is a plus
- Able to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and well organized
- Digital skills and mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across various departments and interact with senior managers
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Fluent in English (Knowledge of Spanish and French is a plus)
- Writing skills proficient in writing in English
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, GSuite, sophisticated databases and desktop publishing. Photoshop, InDesign and other graphics/design skills a plus.
- 10% Only if required by event (Domestic)
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
Supervised trade show planning related activities by Head of Trade Show marketing and Exhibition.
- The position will be in the Airbus Americas Communication Department (Vice President, Communications)
- The intern will report to Head of Trade Show Marketing & Exhibition, Airbus Americas, Inc. and will work in parallel with Sr. Project Specialist
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Work closely with the Head of trade show marketing and exhibition as well as the Sr Project Specialist to support Airbus planning and participation at selected trade shows with customers and industry partners (examples: US based DOD or general aviation trade shows) enhancing the company's profile.
- Support budget/expenses related to each event; process and monitor invoices.
Nature of Contacts:
Primary function is to work within the Communication department supporting the Trade Show Team and the internal stakeholders trade show activities.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.