Requisition Number: ELECT10734
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Electrician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking an Electrician in Herndon, VA. The Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of commercial electrical equipment electrical systems, and their safe reliable operation at the New Dominion complex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on all building electrical systems.
- Maintains and repairs both utilities powered and emergency power electrical systems.
- Assists in electrical PM testing and maintenance to all building electrical systems, to include switch gear, PDU’s, PDE’s, motors, motor control centers, VFD’s, emergency power and UPS.
- Assist Engineers and HVAC Mechanics in maintaining all mechanical and electrical systems at the site.
- Responds to tenant maintenance requests.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform the supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Monitors electrical subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Reviews electrical plans for building projects.
- Be available off hour for emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess and maintain a Journeyman Electrical License or higher.
- Three (3) to six (6) or more years’ experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building electrical equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs./ push up to 100 lbs.)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment. supplies. Parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.